TAL-U-NO-LX is a complete rewritten emulation of the popular hardware with a new engine and GUI. Up to date zero feedback delay filters and carefully calibrated controls make this synth a good replacement for the analog device with all the advantages software plugins have. As an addition, the TAL-U-NO-LX also supports portamento and different filter LFO waveforms and some more useful features. An arpeggiator with different sync modes and hold function is also included. A very fast envelope with a smooth roll-off, emulated inaccuracy and a very smooth filter sound gives this synth the typical sound. The synth was calibrated after a hardware device that's property of TAL.
- Self resonating zero feedback delay filter (24dB LP).
- Filter range up to ~40kHz (depends on the sample rate).
- Calibrated and tuned after TAL's hardware device.
- Midi learn / automation for all controlls.
- Improved alias free oscillators for an authentic sound also @ 44'100Hz sampling rate.
- Arpeggiator with different sync modes (host, midi clock, not on).
- Portamento and mono mode.
- LFO manual trigger button.
- Sustain pedal support.
- Up to 12 voices.
- New file based preset system for transparent preset management.
- More than 300 factory presets by different sound designers (FMR, Particular - Sound, TAL).
- Original hardware "Factory Bank A" included.
Following wave file compares the sound of the 30 years old hardware to the emulation. The hardware plays first:
- GUI cleaned up (version 2.36).
- Removed focus on GUI components (version 2.36).
- Delete MIDI learn in the context menu added (version 2.35).
- LFO rate out of sync fixed (version 2.35).
- Missing synced LFO trigger fixed (version 2.35).
- Tune label added (version 2.35).
- MIDI program change stops processing fixed (version 2.35).
- GUI refresh (version 2.35).
- AAX preset saving / loading issue fixed (version 2.33).
- AAX support for Pro-Tools 10.3.6 or higher and Pro-Tools 11 added (version 2.32).
- MIDI automation can now record host automation (version 2.32).
- More stable sequencer host-sync (version 2.32).
- Preset loading issue after plugin update fixed. (Version 2.27).
- "Save preset" chooses the active presets category directory. (Version 2.26).
- Context menu shows current preset category (marked with a flag). (Version 2.26).
- Ableton Live Windows only: Blocking UI issue fixed (Version 2.25).
- OSX only: Presets not available at some OSX systems. Moved preset folder from /library/ToguAudioLine/ to library/Application Support/ToguAudioLine/. You maybe have to move your own presets manually into the new location if you didn't defined a user specific preset path (Version 2.24).
- Dialog behind plugin window fixed. Removed modal dialog for registration and renaming (Version 2.23).
- Arpeggiator with enabled host sync skips a note under some conditions fixed (Version 2.20).
- AU key stealing issue in Ableton Live Fixed (Version 2.20).
- UI not showing up when running VST and AU plugins in the same project fixed (Version 2.20).
- Other small bugfixes (Version 2.20).
- Take preset name always from file name (Version 2.14).
- Fixed envelope while changing sampling rate (Version 2.14).
- Portamento with Up & Down II Arp fixed (Version 2.14).
- You maybe have to register the plugin again after this update.
- OSX only: Save registration in user properties to avoid registration issues. (Version 2.12).
- OSX installer: Plug-in names in custom installation dialog fixed (Version 2.12).
- New Up & Down ARP mode added. (Version 2.11)
- Inverted LFO waveform option added (Version 2.10)
- Wrong arpeggiator behavior under some conditions fixed (Version 2.10)
- Reduced DC removal filter for maximal warmth (Version 2.10)
- Better readable register dialog (Version 2.10)
- New arpeggiator modes "as played" and "random" added (Version 2.03)
- Fixes ENTER keyboard key stealing on some hosts (Version 2.03)
- Fixes some OSX UI handling issues in Logic (Version 2.01)
- OSX CPU fix (Version 2.0 / 27.09.2012).
- Improved filter sound (Version 2.00).
- Improved and new calibrated chorus (Version 2.00).
- Portability mode. Also reads presets that are saved in the plugin sub folders: "/TAL-U-NO-LX/presets/" (Version 2.00).
- Fixed release behavior in gated VCA mode (Version 1.81).
- Fixed OSX installer for 10.6 (Version 1.80).
- Installer ready for OSX Mountain Lion (Version 1.80).
- Arpeggiator sync for triples and dotted notes (host sync support) (Version 1.80).
Midi Program Change support added. (Version 1.79).
Plugin does not show up in machine OSX fixed. (Version 1.78).
Improved arpeggiator phase accuracy. (Version 1.77).
More improved voice handling (Version 1.77).
Improved voice handling and note steeling (Version 1.75).
UI updated. Improved buttons and centered sliders (Version 1.74).
Improved voice handling and note steeling (Version 1.74).
Changing apiggiator mode while in hold mode fixed (Version 1.74).
OSX 10.5.8 and PPC compatibility fixed (Version 1.71).
Crash in cubase SX 2 / 3 hosts fixed (Version 1.70).
Factory presets updated (Version 1.69).
Slider / mouse-wheel problem on some OSX systems fixed (Version 1.68).
Losing MIDI LEARN assignements fixed (Version 1.64).
Velocity sensitive EXT 16 sync (Version 1.63).
ARP hold while changing program fixed (Version 1.63).
Midi Learn assigns more than one MIDI controller to a GUI control fixed (Version 1.61).
Host notifies automation parameters and preset name while changing presets. (Version 1.60).
It's possible to change preset location from the context menu with Move Presets Location.... Creates the factory presets in the new location. (Version 1.59).
Fixed arpeggiator hold and sustain pedal behavior. (Version 1.59).
Sustain pedal enables or disables arpeggiator hold. (Version 1.58).
Sustain pedal in normal mode fixed. (Version 1.58).
Improved factory presets by FMR. (Version 1.57).
Fixes wrong preset location since version 1.53 (Version 1.55).
"Presets not showing up in the context menu after a while" issue fixed (Version 1.54).
"Losing registration issue" on some OSX systems fixed (Version 1.53).